|Submission deadline for abstracts:
||September 23, 2005
||October 28, 2005 (23:59 Samoan time, east of International Date Line)
|Notification of authors:
||November 28, 2005
|Camera ready due:
||To be announced
Industry Paper submission has been extended.
The AOSD.06 conference invites high-quality papers reporting industry results and/or experience related to aspect-orientation. Industry papers provide an opportunity for the industry leaders who are applying AOSD to share their experiences with each other, and the rest of the community.
Are you developing tools to support AOSD, or do you have experience applying aspect-oriented techniques to a commercial project, product, or open source solution? What problems did you tackle with AOSD, and what were the results? How did your colleagues who were unfamiliar with AOSD respond? What level of adoption has AOSD reached within your organisation or among your users and customers?
With an aim of bringing together the leading researchers and the leading industry players, industry papers will form an important part of the conference. We encourage new participants to submit an early summary of their experience, so they can receive feedback and support in producing a quality industry paper.
Industry papers should be submitted to industryaosd.net. An industry feedback committee (separate from the program committee) will evaluate the submissions. The review process may require a phone interview to understand the report better and help the authors improve it to better meet participant expectations. Therefore, your submission must name a primary contact including postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
Authors of accepted papers will present a 30-minute presentation at the AOSD conference. The audience will include experts from both industry and academia. Accepted submissions will also be posted on aosd.net.
Industry papers should be 3-10 pages in length, including an abstract not to exceed 300 words. The authors’ names, affiliations and e-mail addresses must be clearly stated on the first page.
A references section should list all publications that have been referenced in the report,
and references should be complete and consistent in style. References to resources only available via the Internet should mention a valid URL and site name or project name. It is not a requirement to follow the
research paper submission guidelines, though you may do so if convenient. A single column layout
is acceptable if this better suits your material. The ICSE 2003 conference site provided quality
criteria and guidelines for experience reports which you may find helpful in preparing your submission. With thanks to the ICSE 2003 Experience Reports Committee, a subset of those guidelines is reproduced here for convenience:
Structure and content of report
The structure and content of a good experience report is characterized as follows:
- The introduction:
- presents the background and the context of the contribution
- makes clear which roles the authors of the contribution play in the work that is being reported
- summarizes results and insight in a few sentences
- gives an overview of the structure of the paper
- The main sections:
- of a "classic" experience report describe the approach and its results in terms of the methods, techniques, languages, tools, processes, prerequisites, problems, and people involved, as appropriate
- of a case study describe a product and give rationale for the key decisions shaping the product
- The conclusion:
- evaluates the results and derives experience and insight that is valuable for the intended audience of the paper
- reports both positive and negative observations (nothing is perfect!)
- discusses limitations and the range of applicability
- refers to related experience by others and discusses it (if such experience exists and if this has not been discussed in the introduction)
- summarizes the state of work and sketches future work (if applicable)
- The references:
- list all publications that have been referenced in the paper are complete and consistent in style
Please send submissions and any related questions directly to the Industry Co-Chairs, Matt Chapman and Alexandre Vasseur , at industryaosd.net.
Edited by the AOSD Conference Committee. Send comments to: webmasteraosd.net