- Workshop title
W1: Foundations Of Aspect-Oriented Languages (FOAL)
- Ron Cytron (Washington University, St. Louis)
- Gary T. Leavens (Iowa State University)
- Monday April 22 - full day
FOAL is a forum for research in formal foundations of aspect-oriented programming (AOP) languages. Areas of interest include but are not limited to: formal semantics, formal specification, verification, theory of testing, aspect management, theory of aspect composition, and aspect translation and rewriting.
All theoretical and foundational studies of this topic are welcome.
The goals of FOAL are to:
- Explore the formal foundations of aspect-oriented programming.
- Exchange ideas about semantics and formal methods for aspect-oriented programming languages.
- Foster interest in the programming language theory communities concerning aspects and aspect-oriented programming languages.
- Foster interest in the formal methods community concerning aspects and aspect-oriented programming.